Serratus anterior is helpful in offsetting the tension in the shrugged shoulders. The movement is the 1 to 2 inch punch of your straight arm forward. Bruce lee popularized this calling it the 1 inch punch. It’s a small but potentially powerful movement that grooves the pattern for stabilizing the core while mobilizing the shoulder girdle.
Exercise with resistance band
- While standing hold one end of a resistance band in each hand
- Flip the band over your head positioning it mid shoulder
- With your arms straight out in front of you you should have some resistance on the band if not adjust
- Now move your hands forward, this should look like a 1 inch punch forward
- Do this at a easy pace, faster is not better